We respect your privacy and are committed to protecting the personal data we hold about you. This policy explains what data we collect about you, how we collect it, the measures we take to keep your data secure and the uses we make of it. We also explain the options you have regarding your personal data. When you request services from us or access our websites, you consent to our collection, retention and use of your personal data in the manner described in this policy and accept the risks outlined in the Security section. You can quickly review the key topics by reading this summary page. Alternatively, click on any of the headings below to read more about an issue or read the full policy.
Who we are
We are Women’s Edge Sports and Team WE Sports. This policy does not cover our licensees or affiliates.
We aim to comply with the privacy laws applicable to the personal data we collect and use.
We may change this policy from time to time.
What we collect
We collect the personal data we need to provide the services you request from us.
We mostly collect your data directly from you and companies involved in our provision of services to you, including our licensees.
We generally retain personal data about our customers for as long as we believe appropriate for the purposes for which it was collected.
We aim to maintain appropriate physical, procedural and electronic safeguards to protect your personal data.
You may access and review the personal data that we retain about you and correct any factual errors.
By providing your personal data to us, you consent to our use and disclosure of your data for the operational purposes listed in this policy.
We would like to use your personal data for our marketing purposes. We may also want to share your data with our business partners for their marketing purposes. You can choose to restrict these uses by following the instructions in this policy.
We hope this policy answers your questions about our collection and use of your personal data. If it does not, or if you have any questions, please contact us by following the instructions in the full policy.
We respect your privacy and are committed to protecting the personal data we hold about you. This policy explains what data we collect about you, how we collect it, the measures we take to keep your data secure and the uses we make of it. We also explain the options you have in relation to your personal data.
When you request services from us or access our websites, you consent to our collection, retention and use of your personal data in the manner described in this policy and accept the risks outlined in the Security section.
This policy covers the personal data we collect about you for your general health, athletic and fitness goals. It does not address data that does not personally identify you, such as aggregated anonymous data. We are free to use non-personal data as we wish. We do not knowingly obtain personal data from individuals under age 13 years.
Who we are
We are Women’s Edge Sports, a U.S. company based in Tennessee, which provides coaching services in Tennessee. All references in this policy to “we”, “us” and “our” are to us. Our business generally operates under Team WE or Team WE Sports.
More about Team WE…
We have a network of independent contractors certified to provide athletic training and coaching services using the “Team WE” name and business system. These contractors may describe themselves as “Team WE Coaches.” Team WE is a woman’s multisport club in Tennessee.
We do business in many countries and aim to comply with the privacy laws applicable to the personal data we collect and use.
In addition, we comply with the Safe Harbor principles agreed between the U.S. and the E.U. establishing minimum standards of data protection for transfers of data from countries in the European Union to the United States.
We may change this policy from time to time. If we do so, the amended policy will take effect when we post it on our website. We will amend the “last updated” notice on the first page of this policy whenever we make a change.
If any change makes the policy less protective of your personal data, it will not apply to data we collected about you before the change was made. The only exception to this is where we have told you about the changes and given you the opportunity to tell us not to apply them to your personal data.
We collect a range of data about you from a variety of sources for the purposes of our business. The examples we provide here are illustrative rather than a complete list of our practices.
What we collect
We collect the data we need to provide the services you request from us, which may include:
- Name, address and contact details, including telephone and mobile number, and email;
- Date and place of birth, passport number and driver’s license number;
- Employer(s) name and address;
- Credit card information;
- Affiliations with companies, associations, colleges or cities;
- Location data such as geographic location of electronic devices used to contact us;
- Coaching charges you incur and other information relating to your transactions; and
- Information about your credit history from consumer reporting agencies.
We may collect personal data which is regarded as sensitive data in some countries, such as data about health conditions or membership of a trade union, which we are unable to process without your consent.
More about sensitive data…
Data about your health conditions is regarded as sensitive in many countries. If you ask us to accommodate a disability,or we may need to process data about your health conditions.
We will not use sensitive data about you for marketing purposes.
We collect personal data directly from you when you make an inquiry or join as a member, including information you provide:
- When you call our cell phone numbers;
- On our websites;
- On a questionnaire
- When you join Team WE membership programs, such as spring programs or monthly programs
We also gather personal data about you from a variety of other sources, including:
- Transactions you complete with us and our coaches, including options you take, charges you incur and any incidents or accidents that may occur; and
- Other companies that have business relationships with us, such as bike shops and athletic apparel retailers and wholesalers
We use certain technologies on our websites to collect data about your visit, as follows:
A “cookie” is a set of data sent to your computer by our web server that enables the server to recognize your computer. Cookies help us improve the quality of your visits to our websites by making the reservation process faster and smoother. The information they provide helps us develop content and features that we think will be of interest to you.
- Track your use of our websites during a single visit, remember the data you provide and the choices you make as you progress from page to page (“session cookies”); and
- Recognize you at your next visit (“persistent cookies”).
More about cookies…
- If you restrict our use of session cookies you will not be able to use our websites or certain features of our e-mail messages. You should be aware that session cookies are generally deleted or made unavailable to us as soon as you close your browser.
- If you restrict our use of persistent cookies you may still enjoy the full workings of our websites and e-mail messages but will need to re-enter some data when starting a new website session. Although persistent cookies will neither automatically be erased nor made unavailable to us upon closing your browser, they will typically “expire” after a number of years.
If you are still unsure about cookies, please note that the data that makes up one of our cookies will typically have no meaning to anyone other than us. Also, a cookie is unable to retrieve other data from your computer’s hard drive or pass on computer viruses.
In addition, we may use “pixel tags” or similar technologies that enable us to track your actions as a user of our websites or recipient of our e-mail messages. Pixel tags are used to collect anonymous data to help us determine popular destinations, average rental prices, quote and conversion rates, click-throughs and other information to improve our service. We also use them to identify which online advertisement or email has brought a customer to our website.
Other company websites
We try to ensure that the personal data we retain about you is stored securely and is as accurate, current and complete as necessary for the purposes we use it for.
We generally retain personal data about our customers for as long as we believe appropriate for the purposes for which it was collected or as otherwise required by applicable law.
Our principal databases for storing the personal data we collect are located in New Jersey, U.S.A.
As you may be aware, there is no completely secure method of transmitting or storing data. Although their physical characteristics are different, postal mail, telephone calls, text messages, faxes and transmissions over the Internet all present possibilities of loss, mis-routing, interception and misuse of the data that is transmitted.
We aim to maintain appropriate physical, procedural and electronic safeguards to protect your personal data, including:
- Restricting access to personal data to our employees on a “need to know” basis;
- Enforcing policies and procedures for our employees in their handling of personal data; and
- Using technologies designed to safeguard data during its transmission, such as SSL encryption for the data you provide on our websites.
If you have reason to believe that any account with us is no longer secure, you must immediately contact us by following the instructions at the end of this policy.
More about SSL encryption…
“SSL” stands for Secure Sockets Layer encryption. We use this protection when you submit data to us on our websites. SSL encryption seeks to ensure that you are actually sending your data to Women’s Edge Sports and that no-one else can read or tamper with it during transmission.
Security of communications
We try to strike a balance between the security of your data and your convenience. As a result, we may sometimes use a method of communication that is less secure than a less convenient alternative.
For example, we will send you e-mail or text message in unencrypted form (i.e. instantly readable) because many of our customers are unable to access encrypted (i.e. coded) e-mail. This means that our message, if misrouted or intercepted, could be read more easily than encrypted e-mail. For this reason, please do not include confidential information, such as your credit card number, in any e-mail you send to us.
For a more secure way to communicate with us over the Internet, please click on the “Contact Us” link at the bottom of any page on www.womensedgesports.com or www.teamWEsports.com and follow our instructions.
You may access and review your personal data and correct factual errors as follows:
- If you are a member of a Team WE membership program, you may update your member profile by contacting us directly
- If you are not a member of Team WE, or your interest is broader than your membership data, or you wish us to delete certain of your personal data, please contact the team managers directly
To protect your privacy and the security of your personal data, we will take steps to verify your identity before granting you access or making corrections to the data we store about you.
By enrolling in membership with us, you consent to our use and disclosure of your personal data for the operational uses listed below. We would also like to use your data for our marketing purposes.
The examples provided below are illustrative and not a complete list of our practices:
To provide you services
We will share your personal data among ourselves, our agents, and our licensees to provide services to you, including to:
- Make your membership arrangements;
- Process your transactions;
- Provide you with enhanced coaching services;
- Provide you with customer assistance;
- Bill and collect amounts owed to us for your membership; and
- For customer satisfaction and market research purposes to help us improve our services.
Disclosure to companies you use
We will also share your information with companies you use in connection with your membership, including:
- Your credit card provider and other companies that process your charges;
- Any company, individual, or organization that is paying your membership charges;
Protective and legal uses
We may use and disclose your personal data as we believe appropriate, in compliance with applicable law, to protect our business. For example, we may share your personal data with credit reporting and fraud checking agencies. We may also share your data with organizations to enforce the rental agreement and recover any monies due, such as debt collection agencies.
In addition, we may share your personal data for legal reasons, including:
- Cooperating with law enforcement agencies, to identify individuals who may be involved in illegal activities;
- To comply with applicable law.
Disclosure to our agents
We may use other companies as our agents to act on our behalf and assist us in the conduct of our business, performing services for us under our instruction. These services may include hosting certain websites or databases, running promotions for us, sending marketing communications, carrying out data analysis and conducting customer satisfaction surveys or other research. We will require our agents to maintain appropriate security standards to protect your personal data and use the data only for the purposes we specify.
Disclosure for corporate transactions
We may disclose your personal data to other companies in relation to the sale, merger or transfer of one of our businesses to enable the other company to decide whether to proceed with the transaction. If the transaction is completed, the company will be required to observe the relevant provisions of this policy with respect to the data provided.
We may aggregate your personal data and use it to develop targeted marketing programs and service offerings that we believe may be of interest to you. We would like to send these to you by email or by mail. We would also like to share your personal data with our coaches and business partners for their marketing purposes. You have choices in relation to our marketing uses of your personal data as follows:
We may use your personal data for the above marketing purposes, although you can choose to limit or restrict our mailings and our sharing of your data for these uses by following the instructions at Marketing Options below.
Residents of other countries
Our use of your personal data for marketing purposes will comply with your local law. You can instruct us how we can use your personal data for marketing purposes by following the instructions at Marketing Options below.
Members of Women’s Edge Sports or Team WE programs
If you are a member of Team WE, you will have made marketing choices when you enrolled. These choices are now recorded in your Profile. You can review and amend your selections by contacting Team managers.
Alternatively, please complete the My Privacy Choices form at the end of this policy and mail it to us, following the instructions at Contact Us below
Alternative opportunities to opt-out
Our marketing emails contain an unsubscribe option. If you do not want us to continue to send marketing emails to your email address, click on ‘unsubscribe’ and we will not send further marketing emails to that address, although you may still receive emails at other addresses for which you have not ‘unsubscribed.’ If you subsequently wish to override your choice to unsubscribe, you will need to amend your Profile.
Important points to note
Please note the following points about the marketing choices you make:
- If you change your marketing choices, we will always observe your most recent choice associated with your Team WE membership. Although we aim to process your choices promptly, you may still receive marketing communications prepared before we received your request to ‘unsubscribe’;
- If you change your address, we will continue to follow your directions for your most recent address provided from your ‘unsubscribe’ click above, your Profile, or the My Privacy Choices form you completed that is associated with your Team WE membership. In order for us to continue to follow your directions at a new address, you will need to update your Profile with the Team managers with your updated information and provide it to us with your changed contact information; and
- If you choose not to receive marketing messages from us, you may not be able to receive certain benefits connected to your program. You will, however, continue to receive program updates and other membership information; and
We hope this policy answers your questions about our collection and use of your personal data. If you have additional questions or want to contact us for a specific purpose, please select from the following:
Please send any request to access, amend or delete certain personal data we hold about you to the most convenient address below.
You should send any questions you may have about this policy to the most convenient address below. If you feel our response is not satisfactory, we will refer you to a neutral and independent dispute resolution organization.
Send a completed My Privacy Choices form (at the end of the policy) to the most convenient address below. We aim to process your choices promptly on receipt, but you should please allow a number of days for your choices to become effective.
If you have reason to believe that the personal data we hold about you is no longer secure, you must immediately notify us of the problem by either clicking “Contact Us” at the bottom of any page on www.WomensEdgeSports.com or www.teamWEsports.com or calling as follows:
- Customers in the United States: (917) 744-6422
Contact addressesWomen’s Edge Sports, Team WE Sports Nashville, TN 37221
Download Privacy Choices form [pdf]