on March 18th, 2014
HEALTHY SNACK LIST
For all kinds of cravings. Enjoy!!
• apples (vary by color)
• frozen grapes
• rice cakes (multigrain)
• light popcorn or plain popcorn: use coconut oil to pop in a covered pan
• 1 or 2 hard pretzels: the large Bavarian variety
• carrots (whole carrots, scrub skin, not peel)
• crunchy crudités of veggies and dip (hummus, tabouli, vinaigrette, favorite dressing)
• celery and nut or seed butter (use non-hydrogenated peanut butter)
• hummus with whole grain toast, grated carrots
• raw nuts
• radish (daikon)
• celery with peanut butter
• fresh, whole fruit & berries
• quinoa with yogurt, maple syrup and fruit (quinoa is a complete protein)
• frozen banana
• organic yogurt and fruit
• apples and nut butter
• sprouted date bread with jam or honey
• frozen yogurt: freeze your own!
• dried fruit (look for sulfur free)
• oatmeal (steel cut)
• use leftover grains to make sweet porridge: drizzle maple syrup and sprinkle cinnamon, add almond milk and bananas, heat with fruit juice, etc.
• smoothies: mix whatever you have in the kitchen: fruit, ice, almond milk, yogurt, carob powder, protein powder, etc.
• fruit “ice cream”: peel a banana, freeze, blend in a food processor with nuts, berries or raisins and serve; can be put through the screen of a juicer for a creamier consistency
• sweet vegetables: yams, sweet potatoes, squashes (acorn, butternut, kabocha) cut into chunks; sprinkle with cinnamon and bake
• organic dark chocolate chips or carob chips
• pickles, and picked vegetables, such as carrot, daikon, beets, or lotus root
• tabouli, hummus
• oysters or sardines
• steamed vegetables with tamari/shoyu or umeboshi vinegar
• whole grain pita and salsa or guacamole and tuna
• Sauerkraut: it will also knock your sweet craving right out!
• fresh lime/lemon juice as seasonings or in beverage
• salted edamame
• smoothies (add Arbonne protein)
• yogurt and cottage cheese
• rice pudding
• dips and spreads, like hummus and baba ghanoush (make your own)
• puree soups
• puddings made with avocado, yogurt and/or mashed banana
• mashed sweet potatoes
• coconut milk
Special thanks to our friend & nutritionist, Cindy Pikul, for her help in compiling this list.